Make-Ahead Blueberry Baked Oatmeal
By Sarah Axtell, ND • May 20, 2019
This Make-Ahead Blueberry Baked Oatmeal is a breakfast item I’ve been making on Sundays in preparation for a busy week. It tastes reminiscent of a blueberry muffin…but thanks to the flax and minimal sweetener, it won’t make you crash like a traditional sugar-laden muffin. And thanks to the blueberries, your memory will be sharp!
I kept this particular recipe rather simple to appeal to kids. Feel free to get more creative by throwing in hemp seeds, walnuts, collagen, maca powder and/or nut butters.
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg, whisked
- 2 TBSP coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Optional toppings: 1/4 cup walnuts, 2 TBSP maca powder, 1/4 cup hemp seeds.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the oats, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, and flax.
- In a smaller mixing bowl, combine the milk, maple syrup, whisked egg, vanilla, and coconut oil. Whisk until blended.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well. Add the berries and any other toppings of your choice.
- Pour in greased pan and bake for 30 minutes.
This can be stored covered in the fridge for 4-5 days.
Editor’s Note: The information in this article is intended for your educational use only. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health practitioners with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition and before undertaking any diet, supplement, fitness, or other health program.