Brazil Nut “Parmesan” Crusted Halibut
By Sarah Axtell, ND • April 22, 2021
This Brazil nut “parmesan” makes for a delicious crispy crust for fish, chicken, or tofu. The brazil nuts are an excellent source of selenium, which is “food for your thyroid.” The nutritional yeast has a savory, cheesy flavor and is a good source of energizing-B12.
This “parmesan” can also be a nutrient-dense topper to any salads or soups.
Ingredients for the Brazil Nut “Parmesan”:
1 cup brazil nuts
1-2 garlic cloves, minced
½ tsp pink himalayan sea salt
¼ cup nutritional yeast
1.5 lbs fresh halibut fillet
2 TBSP avocado oil
- To make the Brazil nut “parmesan,” place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until the nuts are crumbled. Add this to a large bowl and set aside.
- Cut the halibut fillet into 1-inch wide strips.
- Beat the egg in a separate small bowl.
- Submerge each piece of fish in the egg, then dip it into the crust mixture and coat well.
- Heat the avocado oil over medium heat in a large skillet.
- Fry the fish in the oil for about 2-3 minutes on each side.
Editor’s Note: The information in this article is intended for your educational use only. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health practitioners with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition and before undertaking any diet, supplement, fitness, or other health program.