Butternut Squash Hummus
BySarah Axtell, ND •November 1, 2023
This Butternut Squash Hummus is the perfect blend of sweet and savory. Tahini makes it creamy (and full of satiating fat and bone-building calcium) and miso gives it an umami punch while also supporting your microbiome. I roast the squash with smoked paprika, cumin, cinnamon, salt, pepper, and of course turmeric (because why not!). A vibrant and flavorful Fall dip that you really could eat by the spoonful!
Roasted Squash Ingredients:
- 1 cup cubed butternut squash
- 2 gloves garlic (skin on)
- 2 TBSP avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
Other Hummus Ingredients:
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 TBSP miso paste
- 1/4 cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Add roasted butternut squash ingredients to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Toss to combine.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until squash is tender.
- Peel roasted garlic and add to food processor.
- Add the roasted squash to food processor along with the chickpeas, tahini, olive oil, and salt and pepper. Process to combine.
- Add miso paste and water to food processor and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Top with fresh chopped cilantro (optional).
Editor’s Note: The information in this article is intended for your educational use only. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health practitioners with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition and before undertaking any diet, supplement, fitness, or other health program.