Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
BySarah Axtell, ND •March 13, 2022
These cookie bars are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth! I always add ground flax to baked good to boost the gut-loving fiber, anti-inflammatory essential fats, and satiating protein. And not to mention the hormone-balancing effects of flax! Have I mentioned I love flax?!
- 1/2 cup peanut butter or almond butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 bananas
- 1/2 cup almond or coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseeds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine wet ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Combine the dry ingredients (except chocolate chips) in a bowl and mix well. Add wet ingredients to the bowl with dry ingredients. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the middle is cooked through.
Editor’s Note: The information in this article is intended for your educational use only. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health practitioners with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition and before undertaking any diet, supplement, fitness, or other health program.