Chocolate Mocha Pie (Gluten-free, Dairy-free)
BySarah Axtell, ND •May 8, 2016
This pie is for all of you chocolate lovers out there! It is rich in antioxidants thanks to the cacao powder. And the coconut oil lends a rich creamy texture. Enjoy!
Chocolate Mocha Pie
- 1 1/4 cups gluten-free oats
- 3/4 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp cacao powder (or unsweetened cocoa powder)
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
For Pie filling:
- 3/4 cup hot decaf coffee
- 1 cup cacao powder (or unsweetened cocoa powder)
- 7 ounces dark chocolate bar, melted, slightly cooled (Aim for 70% cacao content or higher)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup coconut oil, melted and slightly cooled
- 1/4 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Make the crust: Pulse oats, gluten-free flour, coconut oil, maple syrup, cacao powder, salt and cinnamon in a food processor until oats are coarsely ground. Firmly press into bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie pan. Bake until crust is golden brown, 20-25 mins. Let cool.
3. Make the pie filling: Put hot decaf coffee into food processor. Add cacao and let sit 5 minutes. Add melted chocolate bar, maple syrup, vanilla, coconut oil and 1/4 tsp salt and process until mixture is very smooth and thick, about 30 seconds.
4. Scrape filling into pie pan and smooth top. Chill in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
Editor’s Note: The information in this article is intended for your educational use only. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health practitioners with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition and before undertaking any diet, supplement, fitness, or other health program.