Curry Quinoa Rainbow Salad
BySarah Axtell, ND •June 24, 2022
This quinoa salad has so much flavor! And it couldn’t be easier!
Gut Health Tip: Sometimes quinoa can be difficult to digest, resulting in bloating. Soak your quinoa in water and 1 TBSP apple cider vinegar for at least an hour (I often soak it overnight). Then rinse well before cooking it. This will help remove phytic acid, which improves digestion and absorption of nutrients, and it helps speed up the cooking time. Soaking also removes bitter-tasting saponins.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 2-3 tsps curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced (or 1/2 tsp garlic powder)
- 1/2 inch piece of ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2 TBSP Tamari, Bragg’s Liquid Aminos, or Coconut Aminos
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup dried unsweetened cherries
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 cup whole cashews (for topping)
- Bring 2 cups water to boil. Add quinoa, cover, and reduce heat to low. Simmer for approx. 10 minutes or until quinoa is soft. Remove from heat.
- Add olive oil, curry powder, turmeric, garlic, ginger, Tamari (or Bragg’s or Coconut Aminos), and salt and pepper to the quinoa. Mix well.
- Transfer curried quinoa to a large bowl and add in the rest of the ingredients. Mix well. Top with cashews. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Ambitious Kitchen.
Editor’s Note: The information in this article is intended for your educational use only. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health practitioners with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition and before undertaking any diet, supplement, fitness, or other health program.