Nourish Your Skin: Creamy Avocado Lime Dip
By Sarah Axtell, ND • February 11, 2018
This dip is a bright lift to a dark and wintry day. Avocados are a great source of healthy monounsaturated fats as well as vitamin E, one of the most important nutrients for the skin, protecting it from oxidative damage. Vitamin E is a fat-soluble vitamin, which means it is best absorbed in the presence of fats at a meal. It has been shown to be more effective when combined with vitamin C- lime!
- 2 avocados
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp hemp hearts
- 2 tbsp chopped red bell pepper
- 1/8 tsp salt and a few dashes of black pepper to taste
- 2-4 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- Cut avocados in half and then scoop out the flesh.
- In a food processor mince the garlic. Add avocado meat and lime juice and process. Transfer to a bowl.
- Mix in the red peppers and hemp hearts for added crunch and protein boost.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in cilantro and enjoy.
Editor’s Note: The information in this article is intended for your educational use only. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health practitioners with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition and before undertaking any diet, supplement, fitness, or other health program.