Sweet and Spicy Maca Truffles
BySarah Axtell, ND •December 14, 2022
Maca is a plant native to the Andes, revered for its many nutritional and medicinal properties. Maca is a true superfood, for it is an excellent source of vitamins, minerals, plant sterols, protein, and essential fatty acids.
Maca provides support for hot flashes, vaginal dryness, and other menopausal symptoms. It enhances fertility and regulates and normalizes menstrual cycles. Maca is also considered an aphrodisiac tonic that boosts libido.
The cayenne pepper also increases libido, and it is considered thermogenic, meaning it helps to increase the metabolism and burn fat!
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder plus extra for rolling
- 1/2 cup maca powder
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1 TBSP coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- pinch of sea salt
- Combine all ingredients in food processor and process until smooth. If they seem dry, add a little water.
- Roll into balls.
- On a plate, sprinkle about ¼ cup cacao powder for rolling. Rolle each ball into the cacao powder until evenly coated.
- Store in fridge or freezer.
Editor’s Note: The information in this article is intended for your educational use only. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health practitioners with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition and before undertaking any diet, supplement, fitness, or other health program.