Warm Spinach Salad with Blueberries and Maple Dressing
BySarah Axtell, ND •August 28, 2023
I love lightly cooking spinach. It makes it slightly less bitter and more appetizing, especially on a cold day.
Warm Maple Dressing:
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 TBSP balsamic vinegar
- 1 TBSP maple syrup
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup nuts (walnuts, pecans, or sliced almonds)
- 8 oz bag spinach, chopped
- 1 apple, chopped
- ¼ cup blueberries
- ¼ cup feta (omit if you are sensitive to dairy; or try goat dairy)
- Make the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, add spinach, apple, blueberries, nuts, and feta (if using). Toss with dressing. Heat over medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Consider topping with hard boiled eggs to make this a complete meal.
Editor’s Note: The information in this article is intended for your educational use only. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health practitioners with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition and before undertaking any diet, supplement, fitness, or other health program.