Group Visit: Metabolic Reset - Lakeside Natural Medicine

Natural Health and Wellness for the Whole Family

Group Visit: Metabolic Reset

BySarah Axtell, ND October 20, 2023

A battery of scientific evidence shows that if you want success in changing something, you should meet with groups of people doing the same.

Approximately 12% of Americans are considered “metabolically healthy.” That means the other 88% of us aren’t meeting basic medical guidelines for things like weight, blood glucose, blood pressure, cholesterol, and other markers of metabolic health.

Over time, blood sugar spikes and dips throughout the day can lead to a state blood sugar dysregulation and eventually insulin resistance. Insulin resistance prevents glucose in the blood from being stored in muscle and fat cells and, instead, ensures that the glucose in the blood stream stays there. Prolonged elevated blood glucose can lead to weight loss resistance, fatigue, diabetes, immune system dysfunction, cognitive impairment, inflammation, increased cancer risk, and obesity.

My goal with this Metabolic Reset Group Visit is to inspire and empower you to reclaim your health and metabolism by balancing blood sugar and reducing insulin. We will discuss a therapeutic diet and lifestyle modifications to improve weight, energy, mood, and blood sugar.

What can I expect at a Group Visit?

In an intimate group of approximately 8 patients, we will gather in our “food as medicine” kitchen. The group visits are scheduled as a series of two 75-minute visits that are scheduled approximately four weeks apart.

We will work together in a hands-on environment to prepare and taste therapeutic foods.

At the end of the visit, all patients will leave with a wellness packet that include recommendations for a therapeutic diet, lifestyle interventions, recipes, resources, and supplements.

For more general information on Group Visits, see here.

Who is a candidate for this Metabolic Reset Group Visit:

If you are interested in a “food focused” approach to reset your metabolism, improve energy, lose weight, reduce cravings, and balance blood sugar AND you are interested in a gathering with a small group of like-minded people, then this is the right approach for you.

New or established patients can join this Group Visit.

What about lab testing?

If interested, Dr. Axtell can order lab testing (such as fasting glucose, insulin, hemoglobin A1C, thyroid, cortisol, hormones) at the group visit and then you would follow-up with Dr. Prentice in an individual visit to review the results.

When is this next Metabolic Reset Group Visit offered?

Visit #1: Thursday, January 11, 2024

Visit #2: Thursday, February 8, 2024

For more information and/or to book your spot for one of the group visit series, call the office at (414)939-8748.

Editor’s Note: The information in this article is intended for your educational use only. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health practitioners with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition and before undertaking any diet, supplement, fitness, or other health program.

Sign up for our newsletter: