Chickpea Cookie Dough Bites
By Joanne Aponte, ND • January 12, 2021
This is a new take on energy balls. Add mashed chickpeas for even more protein and fiber. These are a great filling snack and energy boost.
- 1 15 ounce can of chickpeas (drain and rinse well)
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free oats
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (sunflower and almond butter can also be used)
- 1/3 cup sticky liquid sweetener of choice (honey or maple syrup)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips and/or shredded coconut
- Add chickpeas to food processor and process until smooth
- Add all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir well to combine. If the mixture is too “wet”, add more oats. If it is too “dry” and more peanut butter or sweetener
- Place bowl in refrigerator to chill for 30 minutes
- Remove the bowl from the fridge and portion the doll into balls of desired size.
Store in fridge for 1 week or in freezer for up to 3 months.
Editor’s Note: The information in this article is intended for your educational use only. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health practitioners with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition and before undertaking any diet, supplement, fitness, or other health program.