Coconut Curry Red Lentil Soup
ByJoanne Aponte, ND •April 17, 2020
This is a delicious, quick and easy soup recipe with plenty of protein. The garlic and ginger are immune boosting and the turmeric reduces inflammation and protects your brain. Make a double (or triple) batch and freeze for later.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp grated minced ginger
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt + more to taste
- 2 1/4 cups red lentils rinsed
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 3 tbsp red curry paste
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 14 oz can coconut milk
- Cilantro to garnish
- 1 lime for serving (optional)
- Begin by heating up a large pot to medium high heat. Add coconut oil and melt, sauté ginger & garlic for 2-3 minutes. Now add in the garam masala, curry powder and turmeric. Saute for another minute.
- Add lentils and broth, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium. Add red curry paste and salt.
- Let simmer for 10-15 minutes, until lentils have soaked up most of the liquid and are soft.
- Add coconut milk and stir until nice and creamy.
Serve hot and garnish with cilantro and lime wedges (optional). Serve over a bed of mixed greens (spinach, collards, chard, kale)
RECIPE FROM: https://www.wholesomelicious.com/coconut-curry-red-lentil-soup/
Editor’s Note: The information in this article is intended for your educational use only. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health practitioners with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition and before undertaking any diet, supplement, fitness, or other health program.