Creamy Green Basil Smoothie
BySarah Axtell, ND •July 5, 2023
This Creamy Green Basil Smoothie is bursting with a sweet herby flavor of summer. Strawberries are a relatively low sugar fruit and are packed full of antioxidants and fiber. While many smoothies are full of higher-sugar fruits (such as bananas, mango, and pineapple), this smoothie is full of fat, fiber, and protein, resulting in stable blood sugar- keeping you feeling full for hours.
- 2 cups spinach
- 4-5 frozen strawberries
- 4 large fresh basil leaves
- ¼ avocado (or a few chunks of frozen avocado)
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 scoop vanilla plant-based protein powder (Sunwarrior)
- 12-16 ounces unsweetened almond milk
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend at high speed until smooth and creamy. Add more liquid if desired.
Editor’s Note: The information in this article is intended for your educational use only. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health practitioners with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition and before undertaking any diet, supplement, fitness, or other health program.