Easy Apple Crisp
BySarah Axtell, ND •October 5, 2023
This apple crisp has all the tastes of apple pie but without the fuss. And it’s gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and full of fiber!
Apple Filling Ingredients:
- 5-7 apples, chopped (I use Honeycrisp)
- 2 TBSP maple syrup
- 1 TBSP lemon juice
- 1 TBSP arrowroot starch or corn starch
- 4 TBSP water
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup gluten-free oats
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the chopped apples in a greased pie pan.
- In a liquid measuring cup, whisk together the rest of the filling ingredients. Pour the mixture over the apples and toss to combine. Bake for 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine the topping ingredients. Stir well.
- Once the apples have baked for 15 minutes, remove from oven and stir them to redistribute them evenly. Spread the topping mixture over the apples. Bake for another 25-30 minutes.
Editor’s Note: The information in this article is intended for your educational use only. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health practitioners with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition and before undertaking any diet, supplement, fitness, or other health program.