BySarah Axtell, ND •December 3, 2021
IN THE PRESS: This recipe was featured in Natural Awakenings Magazine in 2021
This Golden Granola is a good way to start the day and/or satisfy your sweet tooth. The turmeric gives this granola its golden hue. Turmeric reduces inflammation, enhances memory, and improves mood. The coconut oil included in this granola has anti-viral properties. Coconut contains lauric acid, which is then converted to monolaurin in the human body. Monolaurin has the ability to destroy lipid-coated viruses.
Gift your health-conscious foodie friends this Golden Granola this holiday season. People love it and are relived to get an alternative to cookies!
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- ¼ cup walnuts
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup ground flaxseeds
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 TBSP ground turmeric
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, nuts, and seeds.
- In a small saucepan, heat oil over low to medium heat. Add maple syrup, turmeric, cinnamon, ginger, black pepper, and salt. Whisk well and remove from heat.
- Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and mix well.
- Spread granola over a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, stirring half way in between.
Editor’s Note: The information in this article is intended for your educational use only. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health practitioners with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition and before undertaking any diet, supplement, fitness, or other health program.