Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
By Sarah Axtell, ND • May 7, 2021
These are my kids’ favorite! I often double the recipe because they go quickly!
Be sure to use gluten-free oats.
- 1 cup oat flour (simply process gluten-free oats in your food processor or blender and voila, you have oat flour!)
- 3/4 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 banana, mashed
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the dry ingredients and mix well.
- In a separate mixing bowl combine the wet ingredients and whisk together.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add dough to greased cookie sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
Healthy add-ins (optional):
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseeds (or any other seed)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
Editor’s Note: The information in this article is intended for your educational use only. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health practitioners with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition and before undertaking any diet, supplement, fitness, or other health program.