Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp (Gluten-free)
BySarah Axtell, ND •May 1, 2021
Crisps are often laden with sugar. This one is perfectly sweet without all of the refined sugar. It also contains ground seeds (because my kids don’t like them whole…my sneaky little secret). The seeds and almond meal provide for some healthy essential fats and protein. Enjoy!
- 4 cups total strawberry and rhubarb, chopped
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 cup gluten-free oats
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup ground seeds (I like hemp and flax but any would work)
- 2 tsps cinnamon
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup butter or coconut oil, melted
- pinch sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease an 8×8 inch baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, combine fruit and honey and mix thoroughly. Add fruit to baking dish.
- Add all other crisp ingredients to a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Top the fruit with the crisp and bake 30 mins.
- Let cool for 10 minutes and serve on top of coconut bliss ice cream or coconut whipped cream.
Editor’s Note: The information in this article is intended for your educational use only. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health practitioners with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition and before undertaking any diet, supplement, fitness, or other health program.