Purple Cornbread Muffins
BySarah Axtell, ND •May 9, 2022
Purple corn flour is a dietary staple in the Blue Zone region of Nicoya, Costa Rica. Purple corn is rich in anthocyanins- antioxidants that have anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory properties. Research also shows that the anthocyanins found in purple corn may also be beneficial for helping to prevent diabetes and obesity.
These muffins are gluten-free and full of fiber.
- 1 cup purple corn flour (or blue corn flour)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup almond milk or coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine wet ingredients and mix well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Pour into greased muffin tin.
- Bake for approximately minutes.
Editor’s Note: The information in this article is intended for your educational use only. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health practitioners with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition and before undertaking any diet, supplement, fitness, or other health program.