Quinoa Salad with Moroccan Pesto
BySarah Axtell, ND •March 20, 2017
This pesto is like running a little cellular vacuum through the body to tidy everything up. The parsley and cilantro in particular are excellent detoxifiers; parsley works on the blood and kidneys, while cilantro cleans up the liver. Mint, cumin and paprika make this an eye-popping, taste bud-awakening pesto.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup tightly packed cilantro
- 1/2 cup tightly packed basil
- 6 mint leaves
- 1/3 cup tightly packed parsley
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Place quinoa and broth in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 12-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- In a food processor, combine pesto ingredients and process until well blended.
- Combine quinoa, pesto, red pepper and olives in a bowl and mix well.
Editor’s Note: The information in this article is intended for your educational use only. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health practitioners with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition and before undertaking any diet, supplement, fitness, or other health program.