Roasted Butternut Squash, Apple, and Pomegranate Salad
BySarah Axtell, ND •September 30, 2019
This salad truly is a taste of Fall. It’s easy, packed full of antioxidants, and delicious. Enjoy!
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed (I often buy Trader Joe’s pre-cut bags of butternut squash. Use 2 bags)
- 1 TBSP avocado oil
- 2 tsps turmeric
- Salt and pepper
- 8 cups salad greens (any greens will work- mixed greens, arugula, baby kale, spinach)
- 1 apple, chopped
- 5 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds (I buy pre-seeded pomegranates at Trader Joe’s)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 TBSP balsamic vinegar
- 1 TBSP dijon mustard
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, toss the squash with the avocado oil, turmeric, salt and pepper. Arrange the squash on the baking sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the squash is lightly browned. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- To make dressing: Whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, dijon mustard, and maple syrup.
- In a large bowl, toss together the mixed greens, squash, apple, and dressing. Top with goat cheese, walnuts and pomegranate seeds.
Editor’s Note: The information in this article is intended for your educational use only. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health practitioners with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition and before undertaking any diet, supplement, fitness, or other health program.