Roasted Delicata Squash with Walnut and Feta Crumble
BySarah Axtell, ND •November 11, 2021
Delicata squash is my favorite. The flesh is sweet and creamy. The skin is edible, making this squash particularly easy to prepare!
And not to mention the health benefits…squash is full of gut-loving fiber and immune-supportive nutrients such as vitamin A and vitamin C.
If you know me, I am always trying to find more ways to cook with the super-spice, turmeric; therefore, in this recipe, I season the squash with turmeric and smoked paprika. It is the perfect combination of savory and sweet.
The walnut crumble and goat cheese make these extra delicious. This makes for a delicious and nutrient-packed Thanksgiving side dish.
- 2 delicata squash, washed, ends cut off, halved length-wise, seeded, and cut into thin half-circles (about 1/4 inch thick).
- 2 TBSP avocado oil
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 ounces crumbled goat feta cheese (or regular feta cheese if you tolerate it)
- 1/3 cup walnuts, finely chopped (I pulse the walnuts in a food processor)
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine squash, oil, and seasonings. Mix well to evenly coat the squash.
- Lay the slices out in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Roast for 20 minutes, flipping half-way through.
- Remove squash from oven and top with feta cheese and walnuts. Bake for another 10 minutes.
- Top with parsley. Enjoy!
Editor’s Note: The information in this article is intended for your educational use only. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health practitioners with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition and before undertaking any diet, supplement, fitness, or other health program.