Roasted Red Pepper Soup
BySarah Axtell, ND •November 5, 2023
Did you know that a cup of red peppers has almost 3x more vitamin C than an orange?! This soup is a delicious way to incorporate more immune-supportive vitamin C in your diet AND sneak in some other nutrient-packed veggies as well. I use jarred roasted red peppers to make it easy. The whole family is sure to like this one. This makes a large batch of soup- I freeze half for later!
- 3 cups roasted veggies (I use sweet potatoes, onion, garlic, carrots, and cauliflower. Roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes with a drizzle of avocado oil, salt, pepper, smoked paprika, and turmeric)
- 6 cups bone broth
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 jars of roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 TBSP miso paste (this gives it a burst of flavor!)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large soup pot, bring broth to a boil. Add roasted veggies. Reduce heat to low.
- Add roasted red peppers, coconut milk, and miso paste. Remove from heat.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the soup until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Editor’s Note: The information in this article is intended for your educational use only. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health practitioners with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition and before undertaking any diet, supplement, fitness, or other health program.