Spanish Chicken with Creamy Pesto Rice
BySarah Axtell, ND •January 17, 2016
This is a beautiful dish- rich in color and flavor. It is really easy, especially if you already have a pesto handy. I try to keep pesto in the freezer for easy dishes like these.
This is a Low-FODMAP diet recipe.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 heaping tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 heaping tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Four 6-ounce boneless, skinless organic chicken breasts
Creamy Pesto Rice
- 2 cups cooked basmati brown rice (made from 1 cup uncooked rice)
- 2 tsps olive oil
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt (I use plain goat yogurt)
- 1/3 cup pesto (I use kale walnut pesto)
1.Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Combine the olive oil, paprika, cumin, turmeric, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Place the chicken in a large baking dish and rub with the spice mixture.
3. Bake the chicken for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
4. To make the creamy pesto rice, combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix together well.
Serve chicken over the rice. Serve with a green salad or roasted vegetables on the side.
Editor’s Note: The information in this article is intended for your educational use only. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health practitioners with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition and before undertaking any diet, supplement, fitness, or other health program.