Superfood Spiced Salmon
BySarah Axtell, ND •October 3, 2021
Evidence suggests that individuals that eat 1-2 servings of fish per week are more than 1/3 less likely to die of heart disease, our nation’s top killer. This Superfood Spiced Salmon recipe is not only heart healthy, but it is also supportive for your joints and your skin thanks to the omega-3 fats and inflammation-quelling turmeric.
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp avocado oil plus 1 TBSP for pan searing salmon
- Two 4-ounce wild-caught salmon fillets
- Salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1 tsp avocado oil and 1 tsp honey. Brush salmon with honey/oil mixture.
- Combine spices in a small bowl.
- Rub the salmon with spice mixture, distributing evenly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat remaining avocado oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the salmon, skin side up, until golden and crisp, about 3-4 minutes.
- Carefully flip the fillets and reduce the heat to medium. Continue cooking until done to your liking, about 3 minutes more.
Editor’s Note: The information in this article is intended for your educational use only. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health practitioners with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition and before undertaking any diet, supplement, fitness, or other health program.