ByJoanne Aponte, ND •September 12, 2022
Tofu is a great protein source and good alternative to eggs for breakfast. Give this tasty vegetarian breakfast recipe a try!
- 1 pound firm tofu
- 1 tbsp of gluten free flour of choice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4-5 cups chopped mixed veggies (zucchini, yellow squash, carrots, onion, garlic)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Black pepper to taste
- Dash of cayenne if desired
- ½ cup filtered Water
- Drain tofu of extra moisture and cut into slabs.
- Mix spices and flour together in a small bowl
- If using garlic and onions, sauté them together in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add other vegetables and continue sautéing until partially cooked.
- Add tofu by crumbling it into pieces to resemble scrambled eggs.
- Add spice/flour mixture and water.
- Sauté a little longer until vegetables are cooked to your liking. Be sure to cook for at least 2 minutes to eliminate the taste of raw starch from the flour.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe source: The Anti-Inflammation Diet and Recipe Book by Jessica Black.
Editor’s Note: The information in this article is intended for your educational use only. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health practitioners with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition and before undertaking any diet, supplement, fitness, or other health program.