Dr. Axtell’s Non-Negotiable Daily Foods
BySarah Axtell, ND •January 5, 2023
These are the foods I try not to go a day without:
- Walnuts– rich in omega 3 fatty acids, which support a healthy brain.
- Turmeric– has potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. I literally add it to everything!
- Greens (spinach, kale, arugula, chard, collards) for the essential vitamins and minerals they provide
- Cruciferous veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, brussels) for my hormones!
- Green tea for its anti-cancer effects. Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) is the bioactive constituent of green tea that suppresses tumor formation by inhibiting the release of tumor necrosis factor alpha.
- Sauerkraut- a fermented food for my gut!
- Dark Chocolate- rich in magnesium and antioxidants. And not to mention, it’s a delicious treat!
Editor’s Note: The information in this article is intended for your educational use only. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health practitioners with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition and before undertaking any diet, supplement, fitness, or other health program.