Gut Healing Blueberry Gummies
ByMackenzie Prentice, DNP, APNP •February 1, 2023
Although not typically thought of as a healthy nutrient, when used appropriately, gelatin has many health benefits.
Gelatin comes in different forms, be sure to use whole protein gelatin for this recipe. Gelatin in it’s whole protein form (not hydrolyzed) is best for improving gut health by soothing the gut lining and drawing in fluids for healthy bowel movements.
- 2 cups of organic blueberries (frozen or fresh)
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 TSBP honey (optional)
- 5 TBSP Grass-fed Beef Gelatin – Whole protein gelatin needed
- (Brand: Vital Proteins or Great Lakes)
- Add the blueberries and lemon juice into a sauce pan, and heat over medium heat.
- Stir blueberries, and allow to cook until the blueberries turn into a sauce (liquid is
steaming, and the blueberries are plump or broken open).
- Add the honey (if using) to the blueberry/lemon juice sauce
- Blend the mixture using an immersion blender, high speed blender or food processor.
Blend until smooth.
- Remove the lid, and allow the mixture to cool slightly.
- Add the gelatin, and blend again until smooth.
- Pour mixture into candy molds, or a 9×9 glass dish, and refrigerate for 30 minutes to
- Cut into 1-2 inch squares.
Click here to learn more about the gut healing powers of gelatin!
Editor’s Note: The information in this article is intended for your educational use only. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health practitioners with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition and before undertaking any diet, supplement, fitness, or other health program.