Anti-Inflammatory Coconut Turmeric Bites
By Sarah Axtell, ND • March 1, 2019
These sweet and spicy energy bites are an easy way to incorporate more anti-inflammatory spices in your diet, such as ginger and turmeric.
Coconut is also an all-star in this recipe. Coconut is rich in medium chain triglycerides (MCTs), which can promote ketone body production. MCT’s can also “turn off” the Alzheimer’s gene. How about that for “food for thought!”
- 1 cup coconut butter (aka “coconut manna”), softened*
- 3/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut plus 1/4 cup
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1 TBSP honey
*To soften coconut butter, place jar in hot water for 5-10 minutes.
1. Place 1/4 cup of shredded coconut in a shallow saucer or separate bowl for rolling.
2. Place the remaining ingredients in a food processor and process until well-combined.
3. Roll into bite-sized balls.
4. Then roll each ball in shredded coconut as a topping. Store in the refrigerator or freezer.
Editor’s Note: The information in this article is intended for your educational use only. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health practitioners with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition and before undertaking any diet, supplement, fitness, or other health program.