Shamrock Chocolate Chip Cookies
By Sarah Axtell, ND • February 28, 2021
Ditch the artificial green food coloring this St Patrick’s Day! The combination of sunflower seeds (rich in chlorophyll) and baking soda in these cookies results in a natural green hue. Enjoy!
- 1 cup sunflower seed butter, unsweetened
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg
- ¼ tsp salt
- 6 tablespoons coconut or oat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the sunflower seed butter, maple syrup, and egg. Mix well. Add in the salt, flour, and baking soda. Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Drop spoonfuls of dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Gently flatten tops of cookies.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Cookies will turn green once cooled and will continue to get a deeper green after a couple hours.
Photo credit: Natural Awakenings MKE
Editor’s Note: The information in this article is intended for your educational use only. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health practitioners with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition and before undertaking any diet, supplement, fitness, or other health program.