Coconut Turmeric Crusted Fish
By Sarah Axtell, ND • May 3, 2017
This is a healthy twist on an all-time favorite- fish sticks! You can use any kind of white fish- halibut, tilapia, cod, sole, or pollock. Buy wild caught if possible!
Serve on top of a taco salad or along side this Cleansing Sunflower Slaw.
- 1 lb fresh white fish, bones and skin removed
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 2 tsps turmeric powder
- 2 eggs, beaten
- In a large glass pyrex casserole dish, mix together lime juice, salt, cumin and chili powder. Marinate fish for 2-4 hours.
- In a separate bowl, mix shredded coconut and turmeric powder together.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Remove fish from marinade and slice into rectangular pieces (approximately 3 inches long and 1 inch wide).
- Toss the fish in the whisked egg and then coat with the shredded coconut and turmeric mixture.
- Place the fish on a greased baking sheet or a baking sheet lined with wax paper.
- Bake for 10 minutes on each side.
Editor’s Note: The information in this article is intended for your educational use only. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health practitioners with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition and before undertaking any diet, supplement, fitness, or other health program.