Easy Peasy GF Pancakes
By Sarah Axtell, ND • April 20, 2018
This is a quick and easy pancake (or waffle) recipe using Simple Mills Pancake and Waffle mix. My girls love pancakes, but traditional box mixes are full of empty carbs. The Simple Mills box mix is pretty clean but still not enough protein, fiber and essential fats in my book. So here is how I fortify it to make it more complete.
- 1/2 cup Simple Mills Pancake and Waffle Mix
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 2 tbsp ground pumpkin seeds*
- 1/4 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil or butter
- 1 tbsp collagen powder (optional for added protein!)
*I always have pumpkin seeds pre-ground to throw into baked goods. Simply add raw pumpkin seeds (ie. pepitas) to a food processor or blender to grind. Good source of zinc!
1. Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend on high until well-mixed.
2. Spoon 2 tbsp of the batter onto preheated greased pan.
3. Cook on medium heat for 2 minutes on each side.
4. Top with maple syrup, honey, or berries.
Editor’s Note: The information in this article is intended for your educational use only. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health practitioners with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition and before undertaking any diet, supplement, fitness, or other health program.