Green Goddess Turkey Meatballs
BySarah Axtell, ND •October 6, 2021
This recipe was inspired by the Green Goddess seasoning I recently picked up at Trader Joe’s. Serve with spaghetti squash and marinara. Or these make for a great protein on a salad with green goddess dressing. Consider doubling the recipe and freezing half for later.
I prefer ground turkey over red meat as it is leaner and yet still an excellent source of iron and protein. I use almond flour in place of bread crumbs to add moisture, protein, and keep it low carb.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 TBSP Green Goddess seasoning (Trader Joe’s)
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup goat feta (optional)
- 1-2 TBSP avocado oil for brushing the top of the meatballs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients and mix well.
- Shape the meatballs and place on parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush the meatballs with avocado oil.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Editor’s Note: The information in this article is intended for your educational use only. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health practitioners with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition and before undertaking any diet, supplement, fitness, or other health program.