PB & J Smoothie
ByKatarina Meister, ND •August 20, 2021
Get the same tasty flavor of a PB&J sandwich in a smoothie, which is packed with nutrients. The jelly in old school PB&J sandwiches typically contain high amounts of artificial dyes, added sugars, as well as high fructose corn syrup. This smoothie is the perfect after-school snack for your child or for you whenever you want to embrace your inner child! It has packed full of fiber to promote detox & regular bowel movements, protein to stabilize blood sugar, and healthy fats to nourish your brain and keep you satisfied and full.
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup of frozen raspberries
- ½-1 Banana
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 2 tbsp of peanut butter (Aim for brands that are unsweetened or that have a low sugar content. I like organic MaraNatha brand.)
- 1-2 large handfuls of spinach
- Top with fresh raspberries & cut up banana, 1-2 tbsp chia seeds, and 1-2 tbsp hemp seeds (optional)
Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Feel free to top with fresh raspberries, chia, and hemp seeds for added healthy fats, protein & fiber. Enjoy!
Editor’s Note: The information in this article is intended for your educational use only. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health practitioners with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition and before undertaking any diet, supplement, fitness, or other health program.