Easy Potsticker Recipe With Greens
ByKatarina Meister, ND •December 20, 2022
Quick and easy meals shouldn’t come at the expense of your health. Most of us know that processed and fast foods are riddled of nutrients and can lead to poor health, one example is a magnesium deficiency. With that said, if that is all you are used to or know, or you don’t enjoy cooking – you can find yourself stuck in the same habits. When you are considering changing your habits such as your diet, instead of focusing on what to remove, start by adding nutrition back into your meals.
This recipe features potstickers – a more processed food, with added nutrition. You can try this with any of your favorite, more processed or fast-food meals! My hope is that this inspires you to get into the kitchen, and start making recipes that taste good, and are good for you! For those that want to avoid processed food altogether substitute the potstickers for grilled chicken or tofu. Enjoy!
- 1 cup Shredded Carrots
- ½ cup Cilantro, Chopped
- 2 cups Arugula
- 2 cups Spinach
- ½ cup Raw Cashews
- ¼ cup Sliced Raw Almonds
- 1 large Sweet Potato, Diced
- 2 tbsp Arrowroot (Gluten Free Starch)
- 2tbsp Avocado Oil
- 2tbsp Ghee
- 4 servings of Chicken/Vegetable Potstickers (Option to substitute with Grilled Chicken or tofu)
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- Himalayan Sea Salt
- 3tbsp Tahini
- ¼ cup Coconut Aminos
- 1tsp Honey
- 1 tsp Sesame Seed oil
- 1 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- Optional: 2tbsp Water to thin out
Serving size: 4
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Dice sweet potato, then toss with 1-2 tbsp of avocado oil, 1 tbsp paprika, and Himalayan Sea salt to taste. Then lightly coat with 2 tbsp of arrow root starch. Once fully mixed, add sweet potatoes to a pan and put in the oven for 20-30 minutes, flipping halfway.
- In a pan, add 2tbsp ghee and 1 box of potstickers at medium high heat, brown on all sides then reduce heat and add water to simmer until the potstickers are fully cooked. Once they are cooked, remove from heat, and set aside.
- In a bowl combine salad ingredients: cilantro, arugula, spinach, walnuts, carrots, and sweet potatoes. Then add salad to a large pan. Add sauce, 1tbsp avocado oil and heat to a medium high heat. Once the salad is lightly cooked and warm, remove from heat.
- Serve salad with 1 serving of potstickers or grilled chicken.
Editor’s Note: The information in this article is intended for your educational use only. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health practitioners with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition and before undertaking any diet, supplement, fitness, or other health program.