Kale Caesar Salad
BySarah Axtell, ND •May 10, 2016
This is yet another way to enjoy this green-leafy nutrient powerhouse.
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled (optional- omit if you follow a Low-FODMAP diet)
- 1 tsp anchovy paste (or if vegan or vegetarian, you can use miso paste)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, yolks and whites separated
- 2 bunches Tuscan kale (also called dinosaur or Lacinato kale), stems removed and leaves thinly-sliced
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano (optional- can also use nutritional yeast if you are dairy-free)
- 1/3 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- Salt and pepper
1. For dressing, in a blender combine the garlic, oil, anchovy or miso paste, lemon juice, mustard, and egg yolks. Blend until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
2. Place kale in an extra-large bowl and add dressing. Using your hands, work dressing into kale. Let stand at room temperature 30 mins- 2 hours. To serve, sprinkle with cheese or nutritional yeast and top with chopped egg whites and pumpkin seeds.
Editor’s Note: The information in this article is intended for your educational use only. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health practitioners with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition and before undertaking any diet, supplement, fitness, or other health program.