Zucchini Chocolate Chip Cookies
By Sarah Axtell, ND • August 25, 2020
Zucchini is so versatile. It can be made into noodles, muffins, lasagna, and now cookies! These Zucchini Chocolate Chip Cookies are soft and chewy, full of fiber, and just the right amount of sweetness to satisfy your sweet tooth. This recipe makes a big batch. I always freeze half. Enjoy!
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed with a fork
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
- 2 TBSP honey
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any other unsweetened milk substitute)
- 1 cup oat flour (I simply grind rolled oats in a food processor or blender and voila, you have oat flour!)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup chia seeds or ground flaxseed
- 3 medium zucchini, grated and squeezed of excess moisture
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk mashed bananas, avocado oil, honey, vanilla, and almond milk.
- Add oat flour, rolled oats, baking soda, salt, and flax/chia. Fold in zucchini and chocolate chips. Mix well.
- Bake cookies until golden brown, approximately 16-18 minutes. Once cook, store in fridge or freezer.
Editor’s Note: The information in this article is intended for your educational use only. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health practitioners with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition and before undertaking any diet, supplement, fitness, or other health program.